We are searching for an energetic communications professional to join our team. The Public Relations & Content Manager is responsible for overseeing and implementing communication plans and tactics on behalf of The Focus Group (as an agency) and its clients. This includes high-level strategy development (research, media relations, crisis communications, social media, etc.) and tactical implementation (press releases, media advisories, blog writing, website content writing, etc.).
Additionally, this individual will proactively cultivate and manage relationships with clients (when necessary), strategically work with the entire team for creative strategies, proofing/editing content across all media and support social media content creation and curation.
The ideal candidate is flexible to client and agency needs, and works best in a collaborative environment.
Email a cover letter (placed in the body of the email) with an attached resume (PDF format) and samples of work:
TO: Samantha McCain (email@example.com)
CC: Allison Buchanan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SUBJECT: TFG PR & Content Manager Position
- Manage the implementation of public relations activity including formulation, implementation, evaluation, budgets and timelines
- Serve as primary contact for PR – manage all media inquiries, emails and phone calls
- Monitor media to uncover and leverage relevant news and social currency as it comes to hand
- Develop and implement a proactive media relations strategy that builds The Focus Group’s brand awareness and drives favorable impressions on digital and traditional media for key target audiences
- Provide consultancy and support to internal team members to ensure all brand initiatives are leveraged effectively through PR and social channels
- Write content for websites and across the different social media platforms
- Manage crisis communications for The Focus Group, its sister companies and clients (when necessary)
- Formal writing for RFPs, QFPs and grants on behalf of clients
- Business development (when opportunities arise)
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of public relations, social media or content writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations/marketing or related field
- Versatility to write on behalf of a diverse roster of clients
- A strong understanding regarding the convergence of paid, earned, shared and owned media and how that affects comprehensive branding campaigns
- A working knowledge of how website content affects SEO practices
- A good reputation for business-to-business communication
- Strong experience in digital and social media strategies