The University of Mississippi School of Journalism and New Media is excited to host the inaugural IMC Connect!: A Roundtable Experience at the University of Mississippi in on Oxford March 31 and April 1.
We are honored to welcome to Farley Hall communication executives from some of the most prominent organizations in the world, along with the leading researchers in their respective fields, including:
- Chris Chiames, Chief Communications Officer, Carnival Cruise Line
- Stephen Holmes, Vice President of Corporate Communications and External Affairs, The Home Depot
- Reade Tidwell, Director of Corporate Communications, Chick-fil-A
- Jenny D. Robertson, Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing and Communications, FedEx Services
- Renee Malone, President & Founding Partner, KQ Communications
- Timothy Coombs, Professor in the Department of Communication, Texas A&M University
- Rebecca Britt, Associate Professor in the College of Communication & Information Sciences, The University of Alabama
- Candice Edrington, Assistant Professor in the School of Journalism and Mass Communications, The University of South Carolina
- Debbie Treise, Professor in the Department of Advertising, The University of Florida, and Executive Director of the American Academy of Advertising
“The purpose of this event is to foster connections and collaborations among multiple stakeholders, including integrated marketing communications practitioners, academic researchers, faculty members, and students,” said Dr. Amanda Bradshaw, co-chair of IMC Connect! and assistant professor at the School of Journalism and New Media.
Throughout this round table experience, students, faculty, and staff will have the opportunity to network and participate in many working sessions, including a discussion of the IMC curriculum at the University of Mississippi and how to best prepare our students for entering the job market.
To aid in these efforts, IMC Connect! 2022 features a Q&A Job Prep Panel: The Connection Between Research and Practice hosted by the University of Mississippi Public Relations Student Society of America chapter on March 31.
The following day, invited guests will come together at the Inn at Ole Miss for four panel sessions, which will include valuable insights and knowledge on the following topics: crisis communication, social media and big data analytics, advertising and building your brand, and the role of advocacy and social justice in public relations.
The School of Journalism and New Media is excited to give these distinguished guests the ultimate Ole Miss/Oxford experience filled with Southern hospitality, which includes a private tour of Rowan Oak, a walking campus tour, and so much more.
IMC Connect! 2022 is open to journalism and integrated marketing communication (IMC) students and faculty from the School of Journalism and New Media. Students and faculty may register for the event using the official UM GivePulse platform. Pre-registration is required, and you must put in your UM login credentials to register.best IMC program, best journalism program, featured, imc, IMC Connect!, integrated marketing communication, Ole Miss, Oxford, University of Mississippi