It won’t be long until students put on their cap and gown and march in line during the University of Mississippi’s graduation ceremony.
Graduation will be held Saturday, May 11. The morning commencement ceremony will be at 9 a.m. in the Grove. The School of Journalism and New Media graduation will be in the C.M. “Tad” Smith Coliseum at 3 p.m.
Tewolde GebreMariam, the group chief executive officer of Ethiopian Airlines, will be the graduation speaker.
Students had the opportunity to participate in a graduation expo March 19-21 that answered many questions about the graduation process. Now they can refer to the commencement website for more information.
Here are a few reminders by month:
- If you expect to graduate with Latin honors, find out when and where your college or school will be distributing honors cords.
- Verify the time and location (including inclement weather location) for your college or school ceremony.
- Pick up cap and gown from the C.M. “Tad” Smith Coliseum.
- All monetary type holds should be cleared before you leave.
- Diplomas will not be mailed if you have a bursar, financial aid or library hold.
- May 11 – Commencement Day. Congratulations and Hotty Toddy!
- Gowns should be returned at the conclusion of your college/school ceremony. Instructions will be given at the ceremony.