School of Journalism and New Media
University of Mississippi

Alumni Update: Lauren Portice (’15)

Posted on: April 26th, 2016 by

Lauren PorticeAfter graduation, I accepted a job as a copywriter at Intermedix, a healthcare technology company, in its Fort Lauderdale office. Shortly after I was hired, the company moved its headquarters to Nashville. During this transition, the company asked if I would like to move, and I was very reluctant and honored to say yes.

Since my move to Nashville in early December, I started focusing on external content and digital platforms. Because of my shift of attention, the company named me as digital content specialist. In this role, my duties range from delegating all Intermedix social media outlets, writing daily content across all digital platforms (including press releases, internal blog, external blog and social media). I send out six monthly divisional newsletters from the daily external blogs I oversee and write, increasing traffic to sites from social media campaigns and online strategies, creating relationships with local councils and applying for awards and speaker engagements.

In mid-March, I learned that I had been selected to lead our marketing initiative in the United Kingdom. I am on a three-month assignment in our London office, working specifically with our crisis management and EMS teams to promote high quality marketing for a global audience. Essentially, my role is focused on creating a marketing plan and implementing it so Intermedix has a larger presence in the U.K. Additionally, I will be traveling to various conferences around the world to promote our global footprint.

The past year has been a whirlwind of change for me. Although sometimes it seemed unmanageable, the skills I learned through the Meek School gave me confidence that I would be able to do my job innovatively and effectively. I also credit my early career success to my professors. The Meek School is filled with teachers who sincerely care about their students and push to see their best potential. Having that type of motivation and confidence instilled in you during college, sets you up for utmost success in the future. The IMC program properly prepared me for my career, and I am able to implement what I learned in the classroom for my job every day. This would not be possible without all of the amazing people in the Meek School at Ole Miss.