|Position Summary and Essential Duties
||This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern’s academic degree. Under direct supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
|Job Specific Information
||Full-time internship opportunity available in the Memphis, TN area from June 2016 to August 2016.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate will assist with a strategic focus area within one of the following organizations: Brand Engagement Marketing, Corporate Communications, Customer Engagement Marketing, Customer Experience Marketing, Digital Access Marketing, Global Parcel Marketing, Retail Marketing, and/or Strategy and Innovation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong analytical, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work productively and proactively, both independently or as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and/or experience developing marketing collateral and digital content.
- Knowledge of user experience with websites and interfaces.
- Formal or informal marketing, consulting, project management, or strategy experience.
Possess the following qualities:
- Entrepreneurial, innovative approach and strong initiative.
- Critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong personal drive and demonstrated leadership.
- Demonstrated relationship building and strong collaboration and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Shown flexibility, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Project/product management skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
The Memphis, TN and Dallas, TX areas.
Relocation assistance not available
|Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
||The following are considered a plus.
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above in Business, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Advertising, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Product Management, Sports Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Communications, or other related major. Students currently enrolled in a similar graduate level program may also be considered.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and available for full-time employment.
Resume should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Permanent email address.
- Telephone number.
The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).