Public Relations Internship
Summer 2013 – Atlanta
At Cohn & Wolfe, a strategic public relations agency dedicated to creating, building and protecting the world’s most prolific and successful brands, you won’t be putting files in alphabetical order or hoping someone notices your hard work. You will be part of an entrepreneurial, award-winning culture that won two 2013 PR Week awards: one for Best Large Agency and the second, for overall Agency of the Year. Cohn & Wolfe has also been named to Advertising Age’s “Best Places to Work” list for two years in a row.
At Cohn & Wolfe, convention is our enemy. We don’t just claim to be different, we prove it. It’s in everything we do – beginning with our guiding credo: “Dig Deeper. Imagine More.”
We’re digital geeks, creative catalysts and branding warriors all wrapped into one. We would much rather be considered refreshingly weird than painfully ordinary. That’s why our roster of 1100 employees includes an odd blend of the dramatic and the driven, the inspiring and the inventive, the playful and the profound.
As a Cohn & Wolfe Summer Intern, you will participate in a 10-12 week paid program at our Atlanta office in Buckhead. You will get to work on some of the world’s leading brands in different practice areas including Consumer, Corporate, Healthcare, Research and Creative Services.
You will gain exposure through various internal networking opportunities, such as:
· Career training sessions
· Volunteer events
· Company parties
At the end of your program, you’ll participate and present a final group project applying the knowledge and skills you’ve gained throughout the summer.
The typical day for an intern can include any of the following:
· Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks and standby statements
· Create and maintain media lists
· Handle routine media inquiries
· Monitor media to report coverage that affects the Client’s business
· Handle basic research of Client’s business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base
· Develop relationships with external audiences (media, third-party constituencies, etc.) to convey the Client’s message
· Help secure media interviews
· Coordinate specific events and promotions for the Client
· Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports
· Work with internal service departments, external vendors, news media, outside agency partners and other account staff members at Cohn & Wolfe to service the Client
· You must be a Junior, Senior or recent graduate who can work 40 hours per week during the summer
· Possess strong written, verbal and research skills
· Have a mastery of Microsoft Office applications
· Have a full understanding of social media platforms and digital applicationsTags: internships