School of Journalism and New Media

The University of Mississippi

Dr. Nancy Dupont named Broadcast Education Association representative

Posted on: October 24th, 2018 by ldrucker

A School of Journalism and New Media professor has been elected to a position in the Broadcast Education Association’s District & Division Representative Elections.

Nancy McKenzie Dupont, Ph.D., will serve a two-year term as an interest division representative on the BEA’s Board of Directors.

“The Broadcast Education Association is my favorite academic organization,” Dupont said. “I leave the convention every year with many ideas of how to improve my teaching. I have served BEA in several capacities, including being my interest division chair twice. By being on the Board of Directors, I believe I can contribute to making BEA even stronger by taking the ideas from the interest divisions to the national organization.”

The BEA is described as an international academic media organization that encourages excellence in media production, and career advancement for educators, students and professionals.

“The association’s publications, annual convention, web-based programs, and regional district activities provide opportunities for juried production competition and presentation of current scholarly research related to aspects of the electronic media,” according to the organization’s website.

BEA serves as a forum for exposition, analysis and debate of issues of social importance to develop members’ awareness and sensitivity to these issues and to their ramifications, which will ultimately help students develop as more thoughtful practitioners, the website reads.

Tags: , , ,